Tandem Group plc recognises its responsibility to protect and sustain the environment.
This policy applies to all land, premises and activities within the control of Tandem Group plc and its subsidiaries. The Group promotes the use of sustainable resources and discourages wasteful or damaging practices. Subsidiary companies within the Group develop their own local policies and arrangements for implementing and monitoring the Group’s objectives.
Tandem Group plc and its subsidiaries will manage their operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible and will provide appropriate educational programs for their staff and other stakeholders.
All Directors and managers of Tandem Group plc and its subsidiaries are committed to ensuring that environmental issues are carefully considered during all planning and operational decision making.
In order to achieve its aims Tandem Group plc has the following key objectives:
- To promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout its subsidiaries, their suppliers and their customers.
- As a minimum, to comply with all requirements of relevant local legislation.
- To make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water.
- To promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services.
- To minimise waste as far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle where possible and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste.
- To minimise the environmental impact of transport arising from the Group’s activities.
- To minimise any adverse environmental impact from any new Group developments or asset decommissioning.
- To raise awareness of staff within the Group of the Group’s environmental impact, activities and performance and to promote individual good practice.
- To improve the quality of the working environment by discouraging litter, graffiti and noise pollution.
- To encourage the use of public transport and the provision of facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
- To avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and processes, and to take all reasonable steps to prevent damage to either public or ecological health where such materials are in essential use.
- To continually monitor and audit its environmental policies and practices.
- To ensure the Group’s suppliers comply with the Tandem Group Supplier Code of Conduct.
The Board welcomes the government’s ‘Cycling England’, ‘Cycling City, Cycling Towns’ and ‘Bikeability’ initiatives and its ongoing objective to increase the National Cycle Network throughout the country. As a major supplier of bicycles and wheeled toys in the UK we believe that we are contributing to a sustainable transport strategy, improving the environment by providing an emission free transport alternative and encouraging better health and fitness of the nation.